Staying Safe in the Heat
Summer weather and temperatures still present challenges to truck drivers. Summer temperatures have been soaring; you’ll want to make sure to take proper precautions to beat the heat while on the road. Just follow some of the suggestions below while enjoying the road ahead.
• Keep couple of bottles of water next to you while you are driving as a reminder to drink water throughout the day.
• Avoid caffeinated and alcoholic liquids
• Keep cool towels and hand held fans
• Apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going outside and reapply it every two hours after sweating.
• Wear a good pair of polarized sunglasses to protect your eyes from damage and to cut down on glare.
• Wear a hat and long sleeve clothing to protect your neck and arms
• Heat can cause tire blowouts so inflating your tires at a correct level will avoid the risk of a blowout.
• Engine overheating due to high temperature is common therefore slowing down while climbing uphill will prevent your engine from overheating.
Summer driving does have its challenges. Adding these tips to your daily routine can help truck drivers avoid issues with your personal health and your trucks maintenance.
As always Royalty Truck Insurance is ready to help you with all your insurance needs to avoid any problems and/or delays as you navigate the open road. Call us or visit us at www.royaltytruckinsurance.com to get the best insurance rates.